Payment & Shipping Terms:
|Other Name:||Active Piezo Buzzer||Rated Voltage:||12V|
|Operating Voltage:||≤16V||Rated Current:||≤8mA|
|Sound Output:||≥85dB||Resonant Frequency:||4500±500Hz|
Active type piezoelectric buzzer Φ14*7.5mm for musical instruments
Piezo buzzer is an electronic device commonly used to produce sound. Light weight, simple construction and low price make it usable in various applications like car/truck reversing indicator, computers, call bells etc.
The piezo electric emits a high-pitch beep that is sure to capture everyone’s attention! To use them, you’ll need to match the wire colors to the wires from the battery pack. If the volume is too loud, simply use a piece of tape over the top hole on the buzzer and the volume will substantially lower.
Widely used in quartz crystal clock, air-conditioner instrument, telephone, BP, copycat, alarm, instrument and apparatus, UPS power supply, motorcycle steering gear, electronic toy, computer terminal, and electronic watch.
|Sound output at 30cm||dB||≥85|
There are two main types of buzzer: active and passive.
An active buzzer has a built-in oscillating source, so it will make sounds when electrified. But a passive buzzer does not have such source, so it will not tweet if DC signals are used; instead, you need to use square waves whose frequency is between 2K and 5K to drive it. The active buzzer is often more expensive than the passive one because of multiple built-in oscillating circuits.
Precautions for use:
• Do not apply DC bias to the piezoelectric buzzer; otherwise insulation resistance may become low and affect the performance.
• Do not supply any voltage higher than applicable to the piezo- electric buzzer.
• Do not use the piezoelectric buzzer outdoors. It is designed for indoor use. If the piezoelectric buzzer has to be used outdoors, provide it with waterproofing measures; it will not operate normally if subjected to moisture.
• Do not wash the piezoelectric buzzer with solvent or allow gas to enter it while washing; any solvent that enters it may stay inside a long time and damage it.
• A piezoelectric ceramic material of approximately 100μm thick is used in the sound generator of the buzzer. Do not press the sound generator through the sound release hole otherwise the ceramic material may break. Do not stack the piezoelectric buzzers without packing.
• Do not apply any mechanical force to the piezoelectric buzzer; otherwise the case may deform and result in improper operation.
• Do not place any shielding material or the like just in front of the sound release hole of the buzzer; otherwise the sound pressure may vary and result in unstable buzzer operation. Make sure that the buzzer is not affected by a standing wave or the like.
• Be sure to solder the buzzer terminal at 350℃ max.(80W max.)(soldering iron trip) within 5 seconds using a solder containing silver.
• Avoid using the piezoelectric buzzer for a long time where any corrosive gas (H2S, etc.) exists; otherwise the parts or sound generator may corroded and result in improper operation.
• Be careful not to drop the piezoelectric buzzer.