Payment & Shipping Terms:
|Other Name:||Wired Phone Modular Jack||Voltage Rating:||125VAC RMS.|
|Current Rating:||1.5A||Contact Resistance:||30mΩ Max.|
|Insulation Resistance:||500MΩ DC500V||Dielectric Withstanding Resistance:||1000V AC RMS 50Hz.1 Min|
aviation wire connectors,
stereo headphone jack
Wired phone modular jack 616E 4P4C with gold plating for RJ11
The invention of the modular jack and plug is one of the most important in connector history, as it gave rise to 8-wire Ethernet connector systems today.
A telephone plug is a type of connector used to connect a telephone set to the telephone wiring inside a building, establishing a connection to a telephone network. It is inserted into its counterpart, a telephone jack, commonly affixed to a wall or baseboard. The standard for telephone plugs varies from country to country, though the RJ11 modular connector has become by far the most common.
A connection standard, such as RJ11, specifies not only the physical aspects of an electrical connector, but also the pinout, i.e. the assignment or function of each contact. Modular connectors are specified for the registered jack (RJ) series of connectors, as well as for Ethernet and other connectors, such as 4P4C (4 position, 4 contacts) modular connectors, the de facto standard on handset cords, often improperly referred to as RJ connectors.
|Housing||Glass filled polyester UL94V-0|
|Contact||Phosphor bronze Φ0.46mm|
|Plating||Gold plating over nickel|
|Wire styles||UL 1061 26AWG strands|
Mechanical and Environmental:
|Durrability||750 cycles min.|
|PCB retention pre-solder||1LB min.|
• The connectors are small and simple.
• A simple, inexpensive strip and crimp tool can put the plug on a cord in seconds.
• A plastic section of the housing pivots down to lock the cord in the plug, providing strain relief.
• The actual contact is a tiny piece of stamped metal with a surface to mate with the jack and a two pronged point that pierces the insulation, making contact with the conductors.
• The conductors in most phone cables are foil, wrapped around a plastic wire. This provides a low cost solution and keeps the cable quite flexible, especially important for the coiled cord used between the phone and the handset.
• The simple latch snapped into the phone or the wall, with just enough retention that it stayed connected, but not so much that the cord wouldn’t let loose when tripped over.
A modular connector is an electrical connector that was originally designed for use in telephone wiring, but has since been used for many other purposes. Many applications that originally used a bulkier, more expensive connector have converted to modular connectors. Probably the best known applications of modular connectors are for telephone and Ethernet.
Contact Person: Mr. Roy Zhang
Tel: 86 574 56807757