Payment & Shipping Terms:
|Solder Plated Solderable Per MIL-STD-202, Method 208
|Average Forward Current:
|Non-repetitive Peak Current:
ultra fast recovery diode,
surface mount rectifier diode
1A plastic silicon rectifier diodes 1N4001 with rectifier reverse voltage 50V
A diode is a one-way valve for electricity. Diodes allow flow of electricity in one direction. Most diodes have a painted line on one end showing the direction or flow. The negative side is normally white.
For 1N4001 Diode, the maximum current carrying capacity is 1A, it withstand peaks up to 30A. Hence we can use this in circuits that are designed for less than 1A. The reverse current is 5uA which is negligible. It can withstand reverse voltage peak up to 50V.
High current capability and low Forward Voltage Drop
Surge overload rating to 50A peak
Low reverse leakage current
Plastic material has UL flammability classification 94V-0
• Can be used to prevent reverse polarity problem
• Half Wave and Full Wave rectifiers
• Used as a protection device
• Current flow regulators
Maximum Ratings & Thermal Characteristics:
Rating at 25℃ ambient temperature unless otherwise specified, Resistive or Inductive load, 60 Hz.
For Capacitive load derate current by 20%.
|Max.repetitive peak reverse voltage
|Max. RMS bridge input voltage
|Max. DC blocking voltage
|Max. average forward rectified output current at TA=75℃
|Peak forward surge current single sine-wave superimposed on rated load
|Typical thermal resistance per element
|Typical junction capacitance per element
|Operating junction and storage temperature range
|-65 to +175
Rating at 25℃ ambient temperature unless otherwise specified. Resistive or Inductive load, 60Hz.
For Capacitive load derate by 20 %.
|Max. instantaneous forward voltage drop per leg at 1.0A
Max. DC reverse current at rated TA=25℃
DC blocking voltage per element TA=25℃
Difference between diode and rectifier:
|A diode is a type of electrical device that allows the current to move through it in only one direction.
|Rectifiers are electronic devices that are used for converting AC voltage into unidirectional pulsating DC voltage. Diodes are often used in the design of rectifiers.
|• Clipping and Clamping - to protect the circuits by putting limitations on the voltage
• Voltage rectifier – Turing AC into DC
• Voltage Multipliers
• Non-linear mixing of two voltages
|• They can be found regulating the power in computers and the electrical power in motor vehicles.
• They can also be used in battery chargers for rechargeable batteries, computer power supplies and vehicle batteries.
• Often used for AC to DC conversion,
• Can also be used in the detector of radios in order to perform radio demodulation.
|• Junction diode (ordinary type)
• Light emitting (LED)
• Photodiodes (absorbs light, gives current)
• Schottky (high speed switch, low turn on voltage, Al. on Silicon)
• Tunnel (I vs. V slightly different than jd's, negative resistance!)
• Veractor (junction cap. varies with voltage)
• Zener (special junction diode, use reversed biased)
|• Half-wave rectifier - It is the simplest type of rectifier, which is made with just one diode.
• Full-wave rectifier - This rectifier is essentially made of two half-wave rectifiers, and can be made with two diodes and an earthed center tap on the transformer.
• Bridge rectifier - It makes use of four diodes in a bridge arrangement to achieve full-wave rectification.
|A diode only has 2 semi conductive regions, and therefore has 2 leads.
|A rectifier assembly generally has multiple diodes, or more than two terminations.
Contact Person: Mr. Roy Zhang
Tel: 86 574 56807757