Payment & Shipping Terms:
|Other Name:||Passive Buzzer||Rated Voltage:||3V|
|Operating Voltage:||2-4V||Rated Current:||≤100mA|
|Sound Output:||≥78dB||Resonant Frequency:||4000Hz|
smd magnetic buzzer
5*5*2.5mm external drive type SMD magnetic buzzers with 4000Hz 3V
SMD magnetic buzzer features in small volume, light weight, convenient installation,especially in low voltage but high sound. And a passive buzzer emits a tone when a voltage is applied across it. Because it does not have built-in oscillating source, so it will not tweet if DC signals are used; instead, you need to use square waves whose frequency is between 2K and 5K to drive it.
To compare the two types of buzzers(Magnetic and Piezo buzzer), the magnetic type can have lower frequency response with the same dimension. Though being limited by the dimension, the SPL of a magnetic buzzer can only reach to 90 dB. The piezo buzzer can achieve the SPL of 120 dB in some spec., some larger size can also easily reach to 100 dB.
|Piezo buzzer||Magnetic buzzer|
|Start method||Piezoelectric effect||Electro-magnetic effect|
Widely used in computers, printers, photocopiers, alarms, electronic toys, automotive electronic devices, telephones, timers and other electronic products for voice devices
|Sound output at 30cm||dB||≥78|
Precautions for use:
• Do not apply DC bias to the buzzer; otherwise insulation resistance may become low and affect the performance.
• Do not supply any voltage higher than applicable to the buzzer.
• Do not use the buzzer outdoors. It is designed for indoor use. If the buzzer has to be used outdoors, provide it with waterproofing measures; it will not operate normally if subjected to moisture.
• Do not wash the buzzer with solvent or allow gas to enter it while washing; any solvent that enters it may stay inside a long time and damage it.
• Do not apply any mechanical force to the buzzer; otherwise the case may deform and result in improper operation.
• Do not place any shielding material or the like just in front of the sound release hole of the buzzer; otherwise the sound pressure may vary and result in unstable buzzer operation. Make sure that the buzzer is not affected by a standing wave or the like.
• Be sure to solder the buzzer terminal at 350℃ max.(80W max.)(soldering iron trip) within 5 seconds using a solder containing silver.
• Avoid using the buzzer for a long time where any corrosive gas (H2S, etc.) exists; otherwise the parts or sound generator may corroded and result in improper operation.
• Be careful not to drop the buzzer.
Contact Person: Mr. Roy Zhang
Tel: 86 574 56807757